Reply to topic
Updating?
welel
Unknown

Hey I've played the old school bots for a long time and I found out yesterday that bots is back but when i started playing I was a little bit dissapointed.
There are certain stuff missing in the shop xp is broken no cannisters like hp/rb/recharge etc.
So i started looking at the forums to see if there is anything planned for fixing stuff like this but I've seen topics from 2013 with the same content like this and i'm just wondering if the game will get updated in the future?
Allie
Polymorpher

There's nothing to be fixed.
All that you've mentioned is intentional. This is a BOTS designed to be an exact duplicate of the 2007 version of Acclaim's BOTS.
There are updates and an inflated experience rate over at BoutCheetah.

welel
Unknown

I am 100% sure that this isn't an exact copy of acclaim bots in 2007 i played it and we didn't have that few xp and we did have cannisters and extra stuff in the shop BC has a ridiculous amount of xp but in the original it was like 60-70 xp and ~130 for elite levels
Allie
Polymorpher

That was mid-late 2008. Acclaim kept on a permanent x2/x3 at the end of its life.
I assure you, every one of our staff started in late 2006 or early 2007.

welel
Unknown

That expalins the xp but what's wrong with the cannisters?
Allie
Polymorpher

They were added in 2008 as a method of free coin drops. They weren't available in 06/07.
I *believe* they were released with level 98. It is the next planned update when we decide to further update the game.

As a dedicated BOTS recreation, we have decided to upgrade from 06 to 07 last year. It's undecided if we'll decide to upgrade to 08, but if we do it'll release the rest of the coin items, maps, cannisters, and experience boosters.

welel
Unknown

Wait so you're planning to update?
Well then i'll stay i don't care if it takes a few months but bots is worth it for me
Allie
Polymorpher

Our thoughts on updating to 2008 is a wait and see approach.
It'll take a few days, up to a week of work to re-create 98, input all the barrels and all that, since we ripped it all from scratch.
I'll be willing to put forth that dedication after the game shows progress and is worth the profit, being a business.

So yeah, if you want some updates, invite some friends. I absolutely plan to update if the growing playerbase wants it.

Cooky
Unknown

Allie wrote:
It's undecided if we'll decide to upgrade to 08, but if we do it'll release the rest of the coin items, maps, cannisters, and experience boosters.

this has me very excited

Yeah me too I've got my cousin to play this game and i'm trying to get another friend to play aswell but he has some problems I just hope everyone else tries to get some more people however i've had some problems with the inviting friends or buying coins everytime I just get errors
Allie
Polymorpher

The invite friends function doesn't work. The game was abandoned two years ago in beta, but we're reviving it. It may be fixed.

Buying coins should work. We've had multiple people buy them without issue in the last couple days.

yey update
beato1500
Unknown

i buy some coins and i dont have problems
but all i want to say is YEY UPDATE! Very Happy
Updating?